The skills you will learn
Understanding birth and its many influences
- Learning how important both language and environment is in the lead up to your birth.
- What exactly is hypnotherapy and how can it be used for childbirth?
- How do other mammals prepare for labour?
- The upstage and downstage of labour and clearly understanding what is physically happening.
- How fear and worry affects the brain and body and why this causes women problems.
Taking control of your own birth & stacking the odds in your favour
- Learning birth breathing, visualisations and self-hypnosis to remain calm and confident.
- Understanding good positions for birth.
- Learning about the positions that babies can get themselves into "in utero" and what this can mean for birth.
- Learning about the role of the pelvic floor.
- How to look after the perineum.
- Empowering and creating the very best birth partners.
- What is a caesarean and why might you need one?
The Birth environment and process of labour. Putting your hypnobirthing in context
- All of your options about where to give birth? Home, Midwife led Unit, Obstetric Unit.
- The fallacy of current due dates and understanding how and why we use induction.
- The onset of labour - what can you expect to happen? How can you use your new skills?
- The importance of emotional resilience and logical decision making in birth. The ability to change plans if need be.
- The Golden Hour & optimal cord clamping
- Birthing your placenta
- What are the baby blues?
- Understanding post-natal depression and the steps to take if affected by it.
- Who to go to for help if you hit a stumbling block: GPs, lactation consultants, osteopaths, women's health physios, counsellors and more.