Group Hypnobirthing Classes
Our very popular one-day classes are run on the last Sunday of every month and are best attended during the second or third trimester of your pregnancy. On the day there will also be lots of tea, coffee, biscuits, breaks and laughs.
The course starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm with an hour break for lunch. Each space is for the mother and her birth partner.
Sunday 21st July - Class now full
Sunday 25th August - 2 spaces left
Sunday 29th September - 4 spaces left
Sunday 20th October - Now booking
Sunday 24th November - Now booking
Although you can take your hypnobirthing course at any time – even up to 38 weeks! We suggest that you aim to book for your second trimester so that you have plenty of time for practice.
Physio For All - 40 Webbs Road, London SW11 6SF (view on map)
The nearest train station is Clapham Junction and nearest tubes are Clapham Common and Clapham South. Travelling by bus you will need the 319, 37, 35 or G1.
There is free parking on the street outside if you wish to drive which is ideal with such easy access from across London.
£237 per couple
What you learn
Learn powerful breathing techniques and strong visualisations to use throughout your labour to keep you calm and focused.
Empower your birth partner to be an active, knowlegeable and positive part of your birth.
Learn perineal massage, pelvic floor exercises, positions for birth and your rights in pregnancy, labour and birth. Knowledge is power!
Part 1: Understanding birth and its many influences
- Learning how important both language and environment is in the lead up to your birth.
- What exactly is hypnotherapy and how can it be used for childbirth?
- How do other mammals prepare for labour?
- The upstage and downstage of labour and clearly understanding what is physically happening.
- How fear and worry affects the brain and body and why this causes women problems.
Part 2: Taking control of your own birth & stacking the odds in your favour
- Learning birth breathing, visualisations and self-hypnosis to remain calm and confident.
- Understanding good positions for birth.
- Learning about the positions that babies can get themselves into "in utero" and what this can mean for birth.
- Learning about the role of the pelvic floor.
- How to look after the perineum.
- Empowering and creating the very best birth partners.
- What is a caesarean and why might you need one?
Part 3: The Birth environment and process of labour. Putting your hypnobirthing in context
- All of your options about where to give birth? Home, Midwife led Unit, Obstetric Unit.
- The fallacy of current due dates and understanding how and why we use induction.
- The onset of labour - what can you expect to happen? How can you use your new skills?
- The importance of emotional resilience and logical decision making in birth. The ability to change plans if need be.
Part 4: Post-birth
- The Golden Hour & optimal cord clamping
- Birthing your placenta
- What are the baby blues?
- Understanding post-natal depression and the steps to take if affected by it.
- Who to go to for help if you hit a stumbling block: GPs, lactation consultants, osteopaths, women's health physios, counsellors and more.